How to begin your child's journey...
The Winchester School,Jebel Ali is an inclusive school. The GEMS vision for Inclusive Education is that we achieve excellence together by all students receiving the support they need to meaningfully belong to their school and wider community, feel valued for their contributions, engage purposefully in learning and experience academic, cultural, social and emotional success in a common learning environment.
At The Winchester School,Jebel Ali we welcome children with a range of learning preferences, including students of determination (students with special education needs and disabilities), students who are gifted and talented and students who are English Language Learners. Our staff are committed to educating all students in a common learning environment with similar-aged peers. At The Winchester School,Jebel Ali diversity is made visible as a strength, respectful relationships are continually enhanced and all children fully participate in learning through adjustments and teaching strategies tailored to meet the diverse range of learners reflected in wider society.
Application for the academic year starting September is done online through the school website. Admissions to classes depend up on vacancies. We do give preference to siblings of the school from the waiting list. Your child’s name is placed on the waiting list upon payment of application fee. There is no entrance test but an age related assessment at the FS level Year 1. For all other classes, the child must take an age related screening/placement test.
Application and admission for the Academic Year starting September is done online through the school website. Admissions to classes depend up on vacancies. We do give preference to siblings of the school from the waiting list. Your child’s name is placed on the waiting list upon payment of application fee. There is no entrance test but an age related assessment at the FS level and Key Stage 1 (Year 1 & 2). For all other classes, there is an age appropriate screening/placement test at the discretion of the school.
Online enquiry for GEMS students.
If you are an existing GEMS parent, please ensure you enter your child’s fee ID and contact the school Registration department.
School Tours: Bespoke tours of the school are available by appointment and are conducted at 9:30 am on every Monday and Wednesday (with appointments). During busy periods, tours may be conducted in small groups of up to 5 families.
To schedule a tour, please contact the School on 04-8820444 to book a convenient date or complete a call back request or an enquiry on our website page. If you are not able to complete the enquiry, please visit the school 10 minutes prior to the tour to fill the online form. Due to high demand, please book at least two weeks in advance for a tour.
Visiting hours for school is between 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Due to congestion of traffic it is best to avoid dispersal timings of 12 pm to 12:30 pm and 1:45 pm to 2:30 pm.
Online enquiry and Application is closed for 2019-2020. Online enquiry and Application for FS1 and Year 1 to Year 10 will start from 1st October 2019, for Academic Year 2020-2021 and Application-( payment of AED 500 Application fee + AED 25 VAT) .
Please note that Application Fee with immediate effect will be AED 525/- (500/- Application + 25 VAT) this is not deductible and non–refundable if the school offers the student a place and unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
Steps to follow for Admission
- Complete the online Application form. Submit the Application Fee AED 525/- (500/- Application + 25 VAT) this is not deductible and non–refundable if the school offers the student a place and unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Contact the admission team:
- For assessment date, if you have applied for Year 2 to Year 10. (required, 1 year’s schools report or a copy of last examination passed and a recommendation letter from the previous school and CAT 4 report from Year 4 onwards)
- For more information from FS1 to Year 1.
The Winchester School prides itself on an admission policy that does not discriminate against any child or family. All children are welcome to apply to The Winchester School, regardless of nationality, ethnicity or religion.
The Winchester School is a truly international institution. The Winchester School is a fully inclusive school, however their may be limited spaces for children with additional learning needs in some year groups.
Each child must take an age-appropriate placement test to ensure that the children are rightly placed and supported for the high-quality education on offer at The Winchester School.
At the time of admission, the following documents are required:
- 1 copy of Valid Residence Visa and Passport of the Student/s and both Parents.
- Original Emirates ID of Student and both Parents to scan in front of school official.
- Copy of Emirates ID of Student and Sponsor.
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of the Student.
- 1 copy of the Student's Birth Certificate.
- 1 copy of the Student's Vaccination Card.
- 1 copy of the original mark sheet/report of the previous year’s report or the last examination passed at the previous school.
- Original Transfer Certificate for transfer from within Dubai/other Emirate. (Duly attested by the Educational Authority concerned).
- In the case of overseas transfer, the Original Transfer Certificate should also be duly attested by:
- District Ministry Education Officer of the concerned district.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which migrating.
- UAE Embassy in the country from which migrating.
- Consulate of the Concerned country in Dubai (attestation is not required for UK, US, Canada, Australia and Europe)
Please share full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist, medical, Pediatric, or other specialist reports (e.g., Speech and Language or Occupational Therapy) if completed. Sharing educational history with us prior to a place being offered is essential so that staff can ensure an appropriate assessment of educational need, educational plan and resourcing is in place.
Students are not refused admission based only on their experience of a special education need or disability (SEND) and we give sibling priority for admission to students who experience SEND. Staff follow KHDA guidance and procedures for scenarios where, very rarely, it may not be in the best interests of the child to be placed in our school. This information will be shared with the KHDA, following expected procedures.
Admission will be confirmed only on submission of all the documents to the School and will be subject to Knowledge and Human Development Authority approval.